Friday 13 July 2012

Erskine Falls,Lorne

Last week I went on a short road trip with some friends to Lorne at the Great Ocean Road.It's a very quiet seaside town,very nice to relax and since its winter now,there isn't really much people there compared to when its summer where it'll be packed with surfers and people who wanna bask in the sun to get tanned.

Lorne is an hour drive away from the town I'm at so before starting our journey,we had some breakfast at a cafe called Panache.The speciality from this cafe are their crepes and it was good! I love having crepes for breakfast besides waffles and churros cause its not a too heavy and not too light kind of meal to have for breakfast which is good!

I ordered the chocolate overload crepes which basically is crepes with nutella inside( a lot of it ) and chocolate syrup spread on top and sprinkle with chocolate..and yes I LOVE CHOCOLATE :D best thing ever.I also had a hot chocolate drink.Pretty much a chocolatey breakfast I had!It was very good and the price was reasonable and the place was packed with people reading newspapers/books/magazines etc or people just sitting down having a chat on a cold rainy winter morning.The cafe gave out a very warm and cozy vibe which was very nice and I'd go back there for breakfast again next time!


After filing our stomachs with a good breakfast,we set course for Lorne!Throughout the journey, I slept as I didnt really sleep much the night before.When we finaly reached Lorne it was still raining but it was less now,more like a heavy drizzle.We walked around the town for awhile went to the beach and then went to Erskine Falls which is the waterfall in Lorne.It was kinda cold since it was raining so my hands were numb as hell but the waterfall was really nice and the enviroment around it was equally as nice!All the trees and the air felt so fresh!







After taking a few photos of the waterfall we headed back home and had a hearty lunch at Nandos before parting ways.It was a nice mini road trip and I'd do another one again whenever I'm free only I guess :/

No comments:

Post a Comment